Friday 1 January 2010

Boxing Day @ UK 09


Salam all,

After a few days away from home, I've finally back at Lufbra, home sweet home.... Well, at least for a few more months. And back to reality
where dozens of tasks awaits to be completed. *tsk* Not much of bargain this year, blame it to the recession.

Well, it's not the shopping or the boxing I like to mention, but the experience of shopping this year where I met lots of malays out there. The numbers almost doubled this year. It maybe because the location wise (this year we went South) or perhaps, thanks to AirAsia that everyone can fly...

From my observation, some of the malays I've met are quite snobbish. I don't see any reason why they choose to ignore the smiles given. Hey, I don't expect to have a lengthy conversation or a cup of coffee. All I ask was to smile back when I smiled at you. I did remember once, that a frined of mine tole me that smile is infectious, once you smile to a person the person will definately smile back at you. But this never happen to me when I met this family back at Bicester Village. Ironically, this malaysian malay family sat near our tables at a coffee house while waiting for the shops to be open.

Or perhaps, it the place I went (clearly, Bicester Village is not my standard as the price range of the items sold are very expensive, or must I say it's totally a different league to me).

Not long after this rich malaysian family enters the coffee house and sat literally just behind us, an english lady came with a small baby boy and another two of her family members. She asked if she could sit next to me and park her stroller next to mine. I of course allow her to sit as it is a public area. This lady later asked some questions and not long after we're having a nice conversations. You know, it's about the weather, basically the default topic when you're talking to a stranger.

Ironically, while we're having the conversation, this rich malay family were listening intensively to our conversation. There you go, you (this rich malaysian family) should be really ashamed of yourself. Even a total stranger from a different nationalities aren't snobbish.

The thing is, I later on went to London Malaysian Hall for a meeting. There, I've met many other malay Malaysians who were there for many reasons. Some even came from Malaysia to do their shoppings and on their holidays. And again, from my observations, some of them are filthy rich but they aren't proud of themselves. I respect this kind of people, they are humble and down to earth. Put simply, I don't like people who judge other people by how they're dress or what they wear (believe me this person mentioned branded names like Gucci etc and yet ended up at Clarks shopping). Why can't ypu treat people equally? Hhhmm, I forgot, that's human nature.

Enough said, I feel really proud knowing that our malays are getting better economic wise where we can afford to travel overseas just to do some shoppings. I remember sometime in the eighties where there hardly any malays who could afford a domestic flight tickets but now, pheww, people are travelling overseas. Way to go malaysians. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers